How to Apply
- Our focus is primarily functional ceramics. Granted, we’re always open to challenge what “functional” means. But be certain it does not mean bronze sculpture, glass, painting or photography… no matter how much we love all those mediums.
What we’re looking for:
- Professional makers with an individual voice, who exhibit a mastery of materials and making.
- Work that is thoughtfully made and functions as intended.
- New friends we’ll have long relationships with.
Some things about us:
- Typically we search out our makers, but we like surprises.
- We typically don’t carry the following types of work: trendy, decaled, raku, pit-fired, slip-cast and/or 3-D printed. (We appreciate it, but it doesn’t fit into our vision.)
- We know we’re selective and by no means are we all things for all people.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter telling us about yourself and your work and why you’d like to work with us.
- 20 or more images of current work. Please include the following information: dimensions, materials, making methods, retail prices.
- 10 or more images of past work. Please include the following supporting information: date of completion, where completed, dimensions, materials, making methods.
- CV, Biography, some form of Statement/Manifesto/Explanation.
- Please tell us where else you show and have shown, and on what websites we can find your work.
Please send images 1000px by 1000px, 72dpi, saved for web viewing, rgb color, jpeg.
Google Drive is our preferred method to receive submissions. Please send to email@example.comWe get a lot of applications. No matter how much we wish we could, we just can’t reply to everyone. However, we do keep applications on file and revisit them from time to time. Feel free to re-apply and/or send updates periodically.